Unilever is one of the world’s leading consumer goods companies. Recently it has added an additional focus to its operations, promoting sustainability within its business model. It has implemented major changes in terms of its research and development projects, product development, manufacturing facilities, the sourcing of raw materials, and sourcing renewable power.
– Description of Unilever as a company and its history within the fast moving consumer goods market as a leading player.
– Explanation of the plans Unilever has put in place to improve the sustainability of its processes and products.
– How has Unilever done in comparison with its goals? What changes have been made in the company to make it more sustainable?
– Have these changes been costly and what do they mean in terms of Unilever’s continued competition with companies such as Procter & Gamble?
– In conclusion, have the changes been worth it and what challenges will Unilever face in the future?
– Unilever is a large international corporation in the fast moving consumer goods sector. It is hugely successful in its industry and owns a number of billion dollar brands. The company is dual listed on the stock market and headquartered in London and Rotterdam.
– The company has set itself a number of stringent targets in its sustainability policy and has created a company culture whereby sustainability is a key element in its processes. It has managed to do this and retain profitability despite introducing major changes to supply chain and raw material suppliers.
– Unilever has altered many of its products and services. Initiatives include producing healthier food product options, making many products fair-trade and rainforest certified, altering washing product concentrations to reduce water consumption, and buying palm oil from certified and sustainable sources.
– Has Unilever remained profitable?
– Have these changes been damaging to the company?
– What benefits has Unilever reaped from becoming more sustainable?
– What problems may it face in the future?
– How are Unilever’s rivals responding?
UNILEVER AS A COMPANY
– Unilever’s story
– Unilever today
BUILDING A SUSTAINABLE OUTLOOK
– Consequences of being a global player
– Transparent targets
WHAT UNILEVER IS DOING
– Sustainable sourcing
– Unilever’s image
– Greenhouse gases
WHAT IS THE IMPACT OF THESE CHANGES?
– Recognized as a good global citizen
– Working together
– New developments in technology and efficiency
– Impact on profitability
– Potential issues
– Competitors raising costs
– Image can be all encompassing
– A sustainability success
– Benefiting different areas of the company
– Not without pitfalls