This report is based on the findings of a survey that was done between November 2015 – January 2016 exploring the views of 1,075 patient groups from 72 countries, and focusing on differing medical specialties. The report provides feedback on the corporate reputation of the pharma industry during 2015, as well as the performance of 48 pharma companies for six key indicators that influence corporate reputation. Results are compared with those of the previous four years.
Large patient organisations (such as CHSG.org) should be part of pharma’s business relationships, providing direct patient feedback in a cohesive way, helping to identify research opportunities, and also helping to design and populate trials. They do more than support. Not only do they have the benefit of patient experience, they have input from every patient’s doctors, around the globe. They are, in fact, experts in their disease in what works, what doesn’t, and even in the root causes and the mechanisms of activation.
Profiles of the 48 companies, according to the patient groups familiar with these companies or have worked with them.
Each profile contains:
WHAT HAPPENED IN 2015:
– How the 2015 activities of pharma influence patient-group thinking
– Patient groups and their working relationships with pharma
– Industry-wide implications of patient-group feedback 2015
– What can pharma companies do to improve their corporate reputation?
METHODOLOGY OF PATIENT-GROUP SURVEY
QUESTIONNAIRE FOR PHARMA COMPANIES
– Data on how patient groups see the pharmaceutical industry worldwide in 2015, and in previous years
– Rankings of the 48 pharma companies for each of the 6 indicators of corporate reputation, as perceived by patient groups in 2015, compared with 2014
– The three tiers of pharma companies (according to patient groups)
– Details for each of the 48 companies on the extent to which the patient groups they work with also work with other companies
– Profiles of the 48 companies
– Profiles of the 1,075 respondent patient groups
– Astellas Pharma
– Biogen Idec
– Boehringer Ingelheim
– Bristol-Myers Squibb
– Chiesi Farmaceutici
– Eli Lilly (Lilly)
– Gedeon Richter
– Gilead Sciences
– Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson
– LEO Pharma
– Merck & Co
– Merck KGaA
– Novo Nordisk
– Stada Arzneimittel
– ViiV Healthcare