This report is an essential source of information and analysis on the healthcare, regulatory and reimbursement landscape of Venezuela. The report identifies the key trends in the healthcare market of Venezuela. The report also provides insights into the demographic, regulatory and reimbursement landscapes and the healthcare infrastructure of Venezuela. Most importantly, the report provides valuable insights into the trends and segmentation of the pharmaceutical market. This report is built using data and information sourced from proprietary databases, secondary research and in-house analysis by a team of industry experts.
Venezuela was the 45th most populated country in the world with a population of approximately 28 million in 2012. The population of Venezuela is increasing due to the high birth rate and low mortality rate as well as an increase in life expectancy. The increase in the working-age population supports the country in its development while the increasing elderly population is a matter of concern for policy planners. The pharmaceutical market in Venezuela was estimated at $7 billion in 2011 and is expected to reach approximately $35.2 billion by 2020 at a projected Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 19.7% between 2012 and 2020. However, the Venezuelan currency was depreciated by the government for pharmaceutical products in 2011. Therefore, GlobalData estimates that the pharmaceutical market will be depreciated and valued at $4.2 billion in 2011, and will reach $8.5 billion in 2020 at a CAGR of 8.2% from 2006 to 2020.
– The increasing elderly population
– Increasing access to healthcare facilities
– Government initiatives in the healthcare sector
– The increasing affordability of healthcare
– An overview of the pharmaceutical market of Venezuela including the market size, market segmentation, key drivers and barriers for the market.
– Profile and SWOT analysis of the major players in the pharmaceutical market. Key players covered for the pharmaceutical market are Pfizer, GlaxoSmithKline, Sanofi, Novartis and Groupo Farma.
– An insightful review on the reimbursement and regulatory landscape. Analysis includes details of the healthcare reimbursement process, regulatory agencies and the marketing authorization process for new drugs and medical devices for Venezuela.
– A detailed analysis of the political and economic environment of Venezuela, including the economic indicators, demographics, healthcare infrastructure and healthcare expenditure.
– An overview of the opportunities and challenges for growth that exist in the healthcare market of Venezuela.
– Tables and Figures included
– Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the healthcare market of Venezuela.
– Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, reimbursement and regulatory policies, pharmaceutical market segments and companies likely to impact the Venezuelan healthcare market in future.
– Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analyzing the performance of various competitors.
– Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present the biggest opportunities for consolidations, investments and strategic partnerships.
– Identify, understand and capitalize on the opportunities and challenges in the healthcare market of Venezuela.